Saturday, September 18, 2010

Why Hello, Welcome to My New Home!

Raxo, the town I a currently living in is situated inside of an inlet of the Atlantic Ocean.  In Galicia, the region of Spain I am currently living in, there are 5 similar inlets, which are referred to as the Rias Baixas.  The people here say that when God rested on the 7th day he dragged his fingers through the Rias Baixas, creating this series of inlets.  This is a view of Raxo, taken from the balcony of Monolo and Margarita's home.  The rafts seen out in the water are farming shellfish.  They all have ropes hanging from them down into the water for the shellfish to grow on.

A view of our apartment building.  Note: our balcony is the one on the first floor, to the left of the balcony with the blue for sale sign.  This spring I want to plant flowers in the boxes, like the balcony two floors up from us, with the red umbrella.

If you stand at our front stoop, by the black car above and look to the left, this is your view.  There are a series of restaurants and a hotel here along the beach.

And if you look to the right, this is your view.  Upon on the hill there used to be a forest, but they are currently in the process of making a development for wealthy people :(.  The green and yellow bins to the left in this picture are for garbage and recycling.  They are situated throughout the town.  Garbage collection is not private here.  Municipal workers collect the garbage from these bins several times a week at about 9pm.
This is the foyer to my building:

This is my front door:

When you first enter the apartment, this is your view.  To my right is my kitchen, to my left is my living room, and if you continue on down the hallway are the 2 bathrooms and 3 bedrooms.
This is my kitchen.  It came with all of the basic necessities.  This is the first time Jonathan and I have ever had a dishwasher (domestic harmony at last :).   

This is my living room.  I like to sit at the table on my computer and look out at the ocean:).

This is the view from my balcony.  If you sit out there in the morning the sun is very direct.  Jonathan and I like to sit out there at night and play Briscas (Spanish card game).

My bedroom:

My Bathroom. Please note that I am now the proud owner of a bidet.

Spare bedrooms:

No comments:

Post a Comment