Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Spanish Classes Update

My classes have been going very well.  Every day I feel more able to express myself and make it through a sentence without stopping several times to conjugate verbs.  I really want to begin speaking Spanish at home with Jonathan, but it proves to be really frustrating.  Sometimes we will use Spanish together for periods of 30 minutes or so, but usually one of us gets frustrated, gives in, and starts speaking English again.  Perhaps in another month or so we can switch over to Spanish full time.  I am still in the first level.  I have gone through and reviewed all of my verb tenses and am working on better synthesizing all of them in both written and oral comprehension. I still feel challenged by my classes and am really enjoying them.  The other students in my class move in and out on seemingly a daily basis; the average student stays in this school for only 2 weeks or so.  Currently, it is is two young German girls, and an older Finnish man.  When new students have started they have all had previous experience with Spanish, so it isn't frustrating to have new students.  My teacher seemingly continues forward with things I haven't yet reviewed and they just get absorbed into the class; I haven't yet had to sit through the same lesson twice.

The bus schedule has changed for the fall/winter season and decreased the number of runs they do on a daily basis.  So on class days (Monday through Friday) I have to take an early bus into O Grove (45 minute ride or so).  I usually sit in the bus station cafeteria, have a cup of coffee, watch the news, and study until class starts.  This morning, for the first time, the waitress at the bus station just brought me my coffee as I like it, without me having to ask.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment