Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lookie What I Got!!

So today, after 4 months of absurdity, I have in my hand my Spanish National ID Card.  Unlike the US, Spain has both passports and national ID cards (similar to state ID cards, but mandatory and obviously national)  So I am obviously obsessed with my new ID card.  This is for several reasons:

1.  It's just plain awesome.
2.  I look adorable (some days I yearn for my pre-Justin Beiber/Anton Chigurh days, though hope for a brighter hair future).
3. And apparently, I come from a land in the future when we don't feel the need to identify one's sex.  Sweet.


So I had several clever remarks to make here about Jonathan's name being on the back of my card (shocker, right?), so I've decided to write all of them!!
1.  I'm with him. (all of my residence paperwork here in Spain was done through my marriage with Jonathan as he has Spanish citizenship).
2. " I'd be lost without him", like #1 but more romantic.
3.  I like to make jokes about Jonathan riding in my sidecar when I finally get my pink Vespa with a matching helmet.  This card is evidence, that in fact, I ride in Jonathan's sidecar. 

1 comment: